The last and final step of applying the kaizenetics principles is to keep it going. In other words, the next step is to have a next step. Never run out of steps. When you are approaching the end of your plan, and your goal is in sight, it is essential to establish another plan.
The world is your oyster, as the saying goes, and there are so many things you can accomplish with your life. By reaching your first goal, you have proven to yourself that you have what it takes to change your life and to take hold of the kind of life you really want. Don’t stop there. Get excited about the next goal, the next vision, and the next plans you are going to make.
The heartbeat of the kaizenetics principle is gradual and continuous improvement. Notice the word, continuous. That means the process does not end. Once you achieve this vision, start thinking and dreaming, “What’s next for me? What’s next for my family?”
If you have accomplished everything you currently want in your life, what can you do for someone else? Perhaps that is your next vision, and your next step, to reach out beyond yourself and help others to begin accomplishing their visions and dreams.
So in conclusion, let us review the seven principles of kaizenetics:
1. Know what you want.
2. Establish your vision.
3. Break it down into small steps, so you don’t hit that wall of resistance to change and so that the steps you take are easy to implement in your daily life. Success is bound to follow.
4. Set goals for those steps.
5. Work on your determination and do not give up. Have a system in place to remind yourself why it was so important to you at the beginning of this journey to accomplish what you wanted. Keep that vision before you and it will fuel your determination to carry out the steps you need to take to reach your goal.
6. Reward yourself for your great efforts.
7. Keep it going. Reach out for new goals, and set new expectations for yourself. Embrace new desires, go out, and get the life you want! In addition, don’t forget to help others fulfill their dreams along the way. Sowing in love to others will attract good things to your own life.
Kaizenetics is a gradual but continuous process. Once you have achieved and accomplished one vision or goal, get moving towards the next. Also, remember it is the journey that counts. Your life is a journey of self-improvement. Take time to savor, enjoy and appreciate where you are at right now and the progress you have made, while remembering you have potential for more within you.